Welcome to Fallible Fiction by gektek...and YOU! *START HERE*

My first ever attempt at a Choose Your Own Adventure (CYOA) story. Thanks for reading...or rather playing! <3
gektek
Site Admin

Welcome to Fallible Fiction by gektek...and YOU! *START HERE*

Post by gektek » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:27 am

INTRO
Greetings and welcome to my first ever attempt at a choose your own adventure story. In my youth I attended elementary school in a one room school house with a very limited selection of books to read. We were fortunate enough to have a book mobile come every so often where we were allowed to check out books just like the ‘real’ library in town. This is where I found my first choose your own adventure book and I absolutely fell in love, looking forward to the next visit from the book mobile so I could pick up another one and have my own little adventure.

For those not aware, a choose your own adventure (CYOA) story is just that, a narrative that tells a story, often where you are in fact the main character, giving you choices for how the story itself plays out. Sometimes you defeat the evil hordes attacking your village, and sometimes you don’t, giving you the opportunity to start the adventure again so you can make different choices for a whole new story to unfold before your very eyes.

I have always wanted to create a CYOA of my own and that is just what this section of the forums is all about. The nice twist afforded to me by the power of the mighty internet is that it gives me a chance to develop the story WITH YOUR HELP! I will merely be giving you an introduction to my fabled world and then YOU will have the chance to tell me what you want to do, or attempt to do, next. I will then take some time to write the next scenario of the story based off the choice you made and you can come back and continue your adventure. Since this is a story that we will be writing together you can always come back and suggest a different choice and I will again relay what happens. Rinse, repeat and over time our tale can grow to become an epic legend the likes of which no one has seen before...or at least that is the general idea anyway :D

RULES
There are a few guidelines I would ask of you for submitting your choices. Please keep your replies to what you WANT to do. I will be in charge of describing what actually happens. You may certainly go into detail about HOW you would like to attempt the thing you are doing but let me be the one to describe the ‘WHAT’ of the situation.

I would like to keep the story PG-13 (or PEGI 12 for my overseas friends). If the situation seems to fit with the story as it unfolds I will allow things to stray a bit but let's try to keep things in line with a ‘family friendly’ vibe. Things are going to die and blood will be spilled but let's not go overboard. ;)

As for the “How do I suggest something?” question...each section of the story will be its own forum post. Any currently existing choices that have been written out will be linked at the bottom of the post. If you have a new choice to suggest simply click reply to thread and post your suggestion. I will possibly ask for some clarification and once I feel I have a choice to write more of the story with, I will do so and update the original post with a new link for that suggested choice. This may be a little confusing at first but I think you will get the idea as we go along.

If you have any questions about how everything works please just post a reply to THIS message and I will be happy to help you out. This ‘How To’ post will probably be updated as time goes on so please check back in every now and again to keep yourself up to date.

FINAL THOUGHTS
For now I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this and close by saying, Happy Adventuring! <3

Your adventure begins here! Click me to start your story.